Inside the Classroom: ADA Policies and Procedures
The Americans with Disabilities Act requires reasonable accommodations to be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability, either learning-related or physical, which requires an accommodation to participate in college programs, services or activities, please contact the Accessibility Office of your home college for assistance. Home College Contact Information.
Determination of accommodations and arrangement for services can be a lengthy process; therefore, we recommend that students begin the process and submit required documentation to their home college as soon as possible. For new students, this should be done 6-8 weeks prior to semester start date. For current students, this should be done at least 4 weeks prior to semester start date.
Student Rights and Responsibilities- ADA
- To have the confidentiality of information about their disabilities respected.
- To participate in any programs or classes for which they are qualified, with modifications determined by their disabilities.
- To be treated equally with other students regarding grades and class participation.
- To receive accommodations in a timely manner once they have been properly requested.
- CCCOnline and/or your home college might not approve accommodations that create a financial hardship for the college or that fundamentally alter the requirements and expectations of the program, activity or service.
- To meet requirements to be in the class or program.
- To notify their home college’s Accessibility Office and the instructor of need for accommodations and supply documentation of that need in a timely manner.
- To cooperate with the home college’s Accessibility Office and the instructor in obtaining the modification.
- To fulfill all requirements for completing a course as defined by the course syllabus or according to any instructional accommodations provided following official documentation of the disability and allowed accommodations.
CCCOnline Accommodation Process:
CCCOnline will provide accommodations for qualified students with disabilities. If you have a documented disability and anticipate needing accommodations in this course, please contact your home college Accessibility Office. Home College Contact Information.
This documentation will then be forwarded to your CCCOnline instructors.
- You must make this request every semester for which you desire accommodations.
- Accommodation arrangements are not retroactive to the beginning of a term.
- Accommodations will begin when CCCOnline is notified by your home college that you have requested accommodations.