Inside the Classroom: Expectations of Instructors
What can CCCOnline students expect from instructors?
Instructor Online Presence:
- CCCOnline requires that instructors be present in the online classroom every 24 – 48 hours. Instructors are not required to be online on the weekends.
- Instructors are required to post assignment grades within 7 days of the due date for 15-week courses, within 5 days of the due date for 10-week courses, and within 3 days of the due date for 6-week courses. Additional guidelines may be provided by the appropriate academic division. Contact the appropriate program chair for further details. Divisions may further specify grading timelines for various assignments (e.g., term papers or semester projects).
- Instructors will respond to appropriate discussion postings and student emails within 2 business days.
- Instructors are not required to hold regular “office hours” for students, however, they are expected to be “present” for students. Many instructors do hold office hours online either via telephone, chat, or the discussion tool.
- Instructors post their contact information and best times to contact within the online course. If they hold regular “office hours” that will also be stated within the course.