Inside the Classroom: Expectations of Students
Expectations of Students
CCCOnline students are expected to:
- Participate in online courses according to the syllabus and schedule posted by the instructor. Each course has a regular schedule of activities and assignments. Classes are not self-paced.
- Be aware of and comply with the CCCOnline policies and procedures in the CCCOnline Student Handbook.
- Be familiar with important dates in the CCCOnline Academic Calendar.
- Keep your instructor’s contact information accessible in case of technical issues.
- Be competent users of the Internet, computers, email and word-processing software.
- Acquire all required course materials by the first day of class.
- Read the course syllabus and participate in your class according to the schedule posted in the course.
- Ask instructors for clarification on anything you don’t understand or need help with. Ask for help; your instructors are there for you.
- Maintain courtesy and respect toward your classmates, instructors, home college employees and CCCOnline employees. Use appropriate netiquette in all online communication.
- Document any disabilities with your home college Accessibility Office. Inform your instructor of the accommodations that have been approved by your home college.
- Take responsibility for computer problems that prevent you from accessing your course or completing assignments:
- Let your instructor know as soon as possible if you are having technical problems.
- Contact 24×7 Technical Support at 1-888-800-9198 or http://help.cccs.edu.
- Find other means of accessing your course and/or completing assignments until the problem with your computer is fixed. Use a friend or family member’s computer, use a computer at a public library, or use the computer lab at your home college if available and accessible.