The Application Process
The Application Process
CCCOnline employees must physically work in Colorado. Adjunct Instructors for CCCOnline work remotely; as such, their physical work location is their home address, which must be a Colorado address.
To apply, you must complete the CCCOnline Employment Application. Through the online application process you will be required to submit:
- Unofficial copies of graduate transcripts from an accredited institution, showing 18 credit hours and/or a graduate degree in the subject you are applying to teach (Doctorate transcripts are accepted).
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A brief statement of your Online Teaching Philosophy
I Have Applied, Now What?
At this point in the process, CCCOnline Human Resources will do an initial screen of your application to ensure that all needed documents are received and that you meet the minimum qualifications to apply. Once you have met this, we will notify the appropriate Program Chair that your materials are available and forward them accordingly. The Program Chair will review your materials and evaluate your transcripts, from here we will determine from enrollment predictions if there is an opening that needs to be filled. This part of the process can take several months, depending on what time of year you apply.
If the Program Chair notifies you that he/she would like to pursue adding you to our pool of Instructor applicants*, the following steps will occur in our office:
- You will be asked to request that an official transcript of your graduate coursework be sent directly to us from the issuing institution.
- HR staff will send out the New Hire Applicant forms, including permission to do a background check. Please note that an approved form of identification AND a Social Security card ARE REQUIRED to teach for us.
- The program chair will be in contact with you regarding required training, potential placement, etc.
*Please note that being added to the pool of Instructors IS NOT a guarantee of employment.
If you have questions about the hiring process, please email: email@example.com.
Important Hiring Information
- CCCOnline employees must physically work in Colorado. Adjunct Instructors for CCCOnline work remotely; as such, their physical work location is their home address, which must be a Colorado address.
- CCCOnline only accepts applications from instructors who teach courses currently offered by CCCOnline. Check CCCOnline All Course Listings.
- Because of the time-sensitive nature of application materials, CCCOnline only accepts applications in discipline areas in which there are current openings.
- Successful completion of pre-hire workshops is required before you can teach at CCCOnline.
- All CCCOnline Instructors are hired on adjunct (part-time) contracts. The duration of the contract is one term. If your teaching meets CCCOnline’s quality standards and the course you teach is offered the following term, there is a good chance you will be rehired. However, since hiring is based on enrollment, there is no guarantee of continuing employment.
- Instructors applying to teach academic courses must have a Masters degree (preferred) in their content area and a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the specific subject matter.
- Instructors seeking and teaching career and technical courses must have a current Colorado Career and Technical Education credential. If you do not have a CTE credential and plan to teach in one of the listed areas, you should begin the application process for that credential as soon as you are notified by the Associate Dean that he/she is interested in hiring you. Please see the Credentialing section of the Instructor Guidebook for more information.