CIS135 – Complete PC Word ProcessingCredits: 3
Explores a complete array of word processing skills. The skills needed to create, edit, format, and print documents are covered. Other topics include character, paragraph, and page formats, the use of spelling checkers and thesaurus, hyphenation, tables, mail merge, document design, and graphics.
Course Sessions and Academic Dates
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Classes Begin – 06/01/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day to Add – 06/02/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day to Drop – 06/11/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 07/27/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day of Class – 08/08/2020
- Spring – Late Start Courses (10-week) – Last Day of Class – 05/08/2021
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 08/31/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 09/02/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 09/15/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 11/23/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 12/12/2020
- Fall – Late Start Courses (10-week) – Classes Begin – 10/05/2020
- Fall – Late Start Courses (10-week) – Last Day to Add – 10/06/2020
- Fall – Late Start Courses (10-week) – Last Day to Drop – 10/15/2020
- Fall – Late Start Courses (10-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 11/30/2020
- Fall – Late Start Courses (10-week) – Last Day of Class – 12/12/2020
Important NOTES pertaining to this courseIt is important that you view ALL notes pertaining to your course.
Hello CIS135 students!Please read the following information carefully, as it contains very important information about your course.Your textbook is available online within your course as an EBOOK from the Cengage website. When you registered, you paid a nonrefundable digital course materials fee that covered the cost of this ebook. An optional printed copy of the ebook is available for purchase from your home college bookstore. Assignments in this course are in both Desire2Learn and SAM. See the schedule in the Content link to see what is due when. Ask your instructor if you need any clarifications.You must have a computer that can access and run SAM to succeed in this course. Check here: http://ng.cengage.com/static/browsercheck/index.html Be aware that your school's computers may or may not be able to run SAM. If you plan to rely on your school's computers, check with the I.T. department. Your school's I.T. department is not required to install additional software for CCCOnline classes, though they might occasionally be willing. Again, it's your responsibility to secure a computer upon which to do your classwork in SAM.You will need to purchase or access the Office 2016 application for your course (such as Word, Excel, or Access) for your home computer. Check in your school's registration portal for information about getting Office 365 (and thus 2016) for free for the semester. Or, this can be purchased from your home college bookstore or from http://cccs.onthehub.com. You must use Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows. There will be assignments in SAM as well as in Desire2Learn. Check the schedule available in the Content link in Desire2Learn to see what is due when. It is your responsibility to get into the SAM system as soon as possible once the class starts so that if there are any technical problems, you can contact the Help Desk (http://help.cccs.edu) and get the problem fixed immediately. Please do not contact your school's I.T. department about problems with SAM on your home computer.Please note that if you have not successfully completed a SAM assignment by the drop date, you will need to consider if you should stay in the class or drop.This course requires knowledge of basic computer usage, such as installing software, sending email, and so on.Thank you very much for your attention. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. We hope you have a very successful semester!Kathleen Hagerty, Program ChairCCCOnline Computer Technologies DepartmentUpdated 10/2017
Please view Notes from the Department Chair and Field Trip/Field Work to see if there are additional requirements for this course.
This online course has the same prerequisite requirements as the on-campus course. Please check your home college catalog or schedule for specific prerequisite information.