MGD141 – Web Design ICredits: 3
Credits: 3 Introduces web site planning, design and creation using industry-standards-based web site development tools. Screen-based color theory, web aesthetics, use of graphics editors and intuitive interface design are explored.
Course Sessions and Academic Dates
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Classes Begin – 06/15/2020
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Add – 06/16/2020
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Drop – 06/22/2020
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 07/17/2020
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day of Class – 07/25/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 08/31/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 09/02/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 09/15/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 11/23/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 12/12/2020
- no dates found
Important NOTES pertaining to this courseIt is important that you view ALL notes pertaining to your course.
Hello MGD141 Students!
Welcome to a new semester, and thank you for enrolling through MGD141.
This is a technically and creatively challenging class, and can be time-consuming, especially for those who are not familiar with using a computer, browsing the Internet, and so on.
Your Web Design I class from CCCOnline this semester uses OER, accessed from within the CCCOnline D2L system. This online access provides you with additional activities and materials to help you learn the application. You can choose to pay for your own web hosting, use free hosting, or use the hosting your instructor will email you about.
In order to succeed in an online Web Design I course, you need to know how to install software, navigate the Internet, and perform basic computer-related tasks. This course has a fairly heavy workload, since it approaches both the technical and graphic sides of web design. For the best results, you should have already taken another Multimedia program or have previous web experience. Please be prepared to read carefully, troubleshoot your code, ask questions, and work hard! If you are concerned about the workload, you might consider taking this course in the classroom at your home college.
May you have a very successful semester!
If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Kate Hagerty, Computer Technologies Program Chair
Computer Technologies, CCCOnline
Please view Notes from the Department Chair and Field Trip/Field Work to see if there are additional requirements for this course.
This online course has the same prerequisite requirements as the on-campus course. Please check your home college catalog or schedule for specific prerequisite information.