MUS120 – Music Appreciation: AH1Credits: 3
Credits: 3 Covers the basic materials of music, musical forms, media, genres and musical periods. Emphasizes the development of tools for intelligent listening and appreciation.~~This course is one of the Statewide Guaranteed Transfer courses. GT-AH1
Course Sessions and Academic Dates
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Classes Begin – 06/01/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day to Add – 06/02/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day to Drop – 06/11/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 07/27/2020
- Summer – Summer Semester (10-week) – Last Day of Class – 08/08/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 08/31/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 09/02/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 09/15/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 11/23/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 12/12/2020
- no dates found
Important NOTES pertaining to this courseIt is important that you view ALL notes pertaining to your course.
Please note the following information for your class:
Live Concert Review or Report: Your course may include a mandatory live concert review or report which will require you to attend a live concert during the semester (within the start and end dates of your class). Read your syllabus carefully, and promptly contact your instructor with questions. Reasonable requests for alternatives are always welcome.
Colorado Public Radio maintains a list of all classical musical performances in Colorado. This list is updated regularly, and will help you find a live concert to attend that will meet this requirement. If you do not live in Colorado, please check your local National Public Radio station for concerts in your area. You can also check weekend editions of local newspapers, music departments of local colleges, and other such resources for concert listings in your area. Although there may be opportunities for free admission, there may be a fee required for some performances.
1f you have any questions before the first day of class, please contact:
Dr. Beth Davies, Liberal Studies and College Prep. Chair
Please view Notes from the Department Chair and Field Trip/Field Work to see if there are additional requirements for this course.
This online course has the same prerequisite requirements as the on-campus course. Please check your home college catalog or schedule for specific prerequisite information.