PHY212 – Physics Calc-Based II/Lab: SC1Credits: 5
Expands upon PHY 211 and examines waves, electric fields, electric circuits, magnetic fields, light and optics, and modern physics. The concepts and theories presented in class are explored through demonstrations and hands-on experiments.~~This course is one of the Statewide Guaranteed Transfer courses. GT-SC1
Course Sessions and Academic Dates
- no dates found
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 09/03/2019
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 09/05/2019
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 09/18/2019
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 11/25/2019
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 12/14/2019
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 01/27/2020
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 01/29/2020
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 02/11/2020
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 04/20/2020
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 05/09/2020
Important NOTES pertaining to this courseIt is important that you view ALL notes pertaining to your course.
This course requires a lab kit. The lab kit fee is included in your tuition and fees, and the lab kit will be ordered after class begins. For additional information on lab kits, including how to order your kit, please see the Lab Kit FAQ: http://www.ccconline.org/lab-kit-faq/
This course is not designed to be self-paced. Within the schedule of the course, though, you have great flexibility with your study/work time. For the most part, the course is organized according to the week of the semester. Readings, assignments/homework and labs are spread throughout the course, and they have specific deadlines; you must submit each assignment before its deadline expires. Late assignments will not be accepted without prior approval. No matter if you are taking the 15 week or 10 week session, the amount of material covered and all course activities will be the same.
Please remember, due to the nature of an online course, it is the student’s responsibility to have access to a functioning computer in order to complete the coursework.
CCCOnline Physical Sciences Program Chair
Please view Notes from the Department Chair and Field Trip/Field Work to see if there are additional requirements for this course.
This online course has the same prerequisite requirements as the on-campus course. Please check your home college catalog or schedule for specific prerequisite information.
Course MaterialsIt's time to order your course materials for the Summer 2019 semester.
To place an order, please contact your home college bookstore.
Notes to Students:
This is a digital content course. An optional hard copy text is available. The custom text is loose-leaf and may require the use of a large binder. Students will also need access to a digital camera (cell phones are acceptable) to submit photos (as .jpg, .tif or .bmp) of their assignments.