CCCOnline workshops are asynchronous, online D2L sessions D2L that cover a variety of topics related to effective online teaching. Workshops run like short online courses. Facilitated workshops are typically anywhere from 1-2 weeks long, requiring an average of 5 hours of activity per week, and include activities that follow a schedule. Participants have access to facilitated workshops for 6 months following the workshop start date. Workshops are listed in the CCCOnline Training and Professional Development Database.
Use the links below to access an overview of each mandatory workshop.
- Getting Started at CCCOnline (Required pre-hire workshop for CCCOnline instructors)
- Teaching with D2L (Formerly titled Teaching with Brightspace -Required pre-hire workshop for CCCOnline instructors)
- Managing Discussions (Required within first 12 months of teaching with CCCOnline)
- CCCOnline Policies, Procedures and Resources (Required within first semester of teaching with CCCOnline; not facilitated)
- FERPA Training (Required every year of teaching with CCCOnline; not facilitated)
- Prospective CCCOnline instructors who have received New Hire information from CCCS Human Resources are eligible to enroll in Getting Started at CCCOnline and Teaching with D2L.
- Current CCCOnline instructors are eligible to complete Policies, Procedures, and Resources and Managing Discussions. (Please note registration for Policies, Procedures, and Resources will be automatic for new hires, and they will receive associated information through their CCCS.edu email accounts in their first semester.)
- Current CCCOnline instructors are eligible to complete FERPA Training. (Please note registration for FERPA Training will be automatic for current instructors, and they will receive associated information through their CCCS.edu email accounts around January of each year.)
Registration for workshops is required and closes 13 calendar days in advance of the start date. For information on how to register for workshops using CCCOnline’s Training and Professional Development Database, visit the Registration Page.
CCCOnline Training & Professional Development workshops take place in the D2L learning management system. This section explains how to log in and access workshops you have registered for. (NOTE: CCCOnline Webinars are delivered in the WebEx system. For instructions on how to access Webinars in WebEx, please see the CCCS-WebEx page in the Knowledgebase.)
- For current instructors, your username for workshops is your Banner ID (also known as an S-number). It begins with a capitalized S followed by 8 numbers.
- For new instructors taking the Getting Started at CCCOnline and Teaching with D2L workshops, your facilitator will provide your username prior to the beginning of the workshop. If for some reason the facilitator cannot provide your username, or your provided username does not work, email email@example.com.
- For current instructors, your password for D2L workshops is your current Banner ID (S-number) password. If you cannot log in with your password associated with an existing S-number, Reset Your Password Here.
- For new instructors taking the Getting Started at CCCOnline and Teaching with D2L workshops, your facilitator will provide your password prior to the beginning of the workshop. If for some reason the facilitator cannot provide your password, or your provided password does not work, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I log in to another college’s site and find my workshops? No. You must log in to CCCOnline’s site to access our workshops in D2L.
- I’ve accessed my workshop, but now what? Once inside a course, look for the Start Here module in the Content tool. The Content tool is located at the top of the course page in the toolbar. Read the information and follow instructions. If you are taking a workshop that has a practice course associated with it, note that your practice course will appear under your Instructor role. To change roles in D2L, go to the Course Selector (the “waffle” in the top navigation bar) and click on Advanced Search. On the next screen, you will be able to change your role to Instructor in the drop-down menu.
- Is there a direct link for the Browser Tune-Up? Yes. Go to: Browser Tune-Up.
- Is there a preferred browser? Common plugins? Yes, Firefox is the preferred browser. You may also need to install Adobe Reader and the Adobe Flash Player and the Adobe Shockwave Player to view materials.
- What if I cannot log in to the workshop?
Within 48 hours prior to the start of any workshop, each trainee will receive a welcome email that contains login information. Your course facilitator will send this email. If you do not receive this email within 48 hours prior to the start of your workshop, first, please check your Spam folder. If you do not find the email, please contact email@example.com.
If you have the welcome email, have followed its directions, and still have problems logging in: please remember your facilitator is your first point of contact for technical problems. However, if you cannot resolve your issues by emailing or phoning your facilitator, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact the 24×7 Technical Support or ProfHelp for assistance with training courses unless specifically directed to do so.
- What if I have logged in to the workshop, but have questions about course navigation, course requirements, etc.? Please contact your course facilitator with these course-specific questions; if you do not receive a prompt answer, please contact email@example.com. Do not contact the 24×7 Technical Support or ProfHelp for assistance with training courses unless specifically directed to do so.