WST200 – Intro Women’s Studies: GT-SS3Credits: 3
Credits 3: Examines the nature and function of women in society from an interdisciplinary perspective, focusing on the similarity and diversity of women`s experience over time and across cultures. The course will examine topics such as sex role, socialization, political, and philosophical perspectives on women`s issues, and women`s accomplishments in history, art, literature, science, health issues and the family. Students will gain an awareness of the limitations of traditional scholarship on women, and gain a means of practical application of the new scholarship on women`s roles and nature.~~This course is one of the Statewide Guaranteed Transfer courses. GT-SS3
Course Sessions and Academic Dates
- no dates found
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 08/31/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 09/02/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 09/15/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 11/23/2020
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 12/12/2020
Important NOTES pertaining to this courseIt is important that you view ALL notes pertaining to your course.
There are no notes from your department chair.
Please view Notes from the Department Chair and Field Trip/Field Work to see if there are additional requirements for this course.
This online course has the same prerequisite requirements as the on-campus course. Please check your home college catalog or schedule for specific prerequisite information.