Teaching with D2L
Teaching with D2L is a two-week, fully online workshop designed to introduce new and potential CCCOnline instructors to the D2L learning platform. Its primary goal is to prepare instructors to teach with D2L at a basic level during their first term. During the course, participants will have a practice D2L shell in which they will complete a number of activities to become proficient working in the D2L environment.
Participants in this course will learn how to use the basic functions of the D2L learning platform to prepare them to teach for CCCOnline. After successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify basic concepts for navigating the D2L environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with Content tools.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and an ability to work with communication tools, including Email, Discussions, and Announcements.
- Demonstrate an ability to use assessment tools including the Assignments and Quizzes tools.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with class management tools, including the Grades and the Classlist tools.
- Identify the necessary steps for preparing CCCOnline course shells each semester.