CIS155 – PC Spreadsheet ConceptsCredits: 3
Exposes the student to a wide range of uses of the electronic spreadsheet with special emphasis on using it as a business tool. Includes fundamentals and terms, creating and saving workbooks, entering and using formulas, formatting, printing, multiple-page workbooks, creating charts, entering and using functions, managing lists, and simple macros.
Course Sessions and Academic Dates
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Classes Begin – 06/04/2018
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Add – 06/05/2018
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Drop – 06/11/2018
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 07/06/2018
- Summer – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day of Class – 07/14/2018
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 08/28/2017
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 08/30/2017
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 09/12/2017
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 11/20/2017
- Fall – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 12/09/2017
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Classes Begin – 01/22/2018
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Add – 01/24/2018
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Drop – 02/06/2018
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 04/16/2018
- Spring – Full Semester (15-week) – Last Day of Class – 05/05/2018
- Spring – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Classes Begin – 02/05/2018
- Spring – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Add – 02/06/2018
- Spring – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Drop – 02/12/2018
- Spring – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day to Withdraw – 03/09/2018
- Spring – FastTrack 1 (6-week) – Last Day of Class – 03/17/2018
Important NOTES pertaining to this courseIt is important that you view ALL notes pertaining to your course.
Hello CIS155 students!
Please read the following information carefully, as it contains very important information about your course.
Your textbook is available online within your course as an EBOOK from the Pearson website. When you registered, you paid a nonrefundable digital course materials fee that covered the cost of this ebook. An optional printed copy of the ebook is available for purchase from your home college bookstore.
Assignments in this course are in both Desire2Learn and MyLabsPlus/MyITLab. See the schedule in the Content link to see what is due when. Ask your instructor if you need any clarifications.
You will click on the MyLabsPlus link on the course homepage to access the eBook as well as the MyITLab assignments. You must have a computer that can access and run the MyITLab simulation to succeed in this course. Check here: http://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northamerica/myitlab/students/support-office-2013/system-requirements/index.html
Be aware that your school's computers may or may not be able to run MyLabsPlus/MyITLab. If you plan to rely on your school's computers, check with the I.T. department. Your school's I.T. department is not required to install additional software for CCCOnline classes, though they might occasionally be willing. Again, it's your responsibility to secure a computer upon which to do your classwork in MyITLab.
You will need to purchase or access the Excel 2013 application for your course on a Windows, Internet-enabled computer you can easily access. Check in your school's registration portal for information about possibly getting Office 365 (and thus Excel 2013) for free. Or, you can purchase it from your home college bookstore or from http://cccs.onthehub.com. Office 2016 will not work for this course.
There will be assignments in MyLabsPlus as well as in Desire2Learn. Check the schedule available in the Content link in Desire2Learn to see what is due when.
It is your responsibility to get into the MyLabsPlus and MyITLab system as soon as possible once the class starts so that if there are any technical problems, you can contact the Help Desk (http://help.cccs.edu) and get the problem fixed immediately. Please do not contact your school's I.T. department about problems with MyITLab on your home computer.
Please note that if you have not successfully completed a MyITLab assignment by the drop date, you will need to consider if you should stay in the class or drop.
This course requires knowledge of basic computer usage, such as installing software, sending email, and so on.
Thank you very much for your attention. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. We hope you have a very successful semester!
Please read the important Notes from the Department Chair for specific technical course requirements.
This online course has the same prerequisite requirements as the on-campus course. Please check your home college catalog or schedule for specific prerequisite information.
Our Technology Requirements for CCCOnline courses can be found at (https://www.ccconline.org/technology-requirements/).
Books and MaterialsAll books and materials listed below are for Fall 2017 only and do not reflect past or future semester course material requirements.
To place an order, please contact your home college bookstore.
Notes to Students:
This is a digital content course. An optional hard copy text is available. The custom text is loose-leaf and may require the use of a large binder. Check your college's portal for Office 365. Install Office 2016.